Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Ready to POP, POP, POP!

When I went in for my checkup last week, I was 33 weeks along in my pregnancy and measuring at 38 weeks. It's no wonder I'm starting to feel like a massive beached whale! And, today when I went to the doctors, at 35 weeks, they measured me again and I'm measuring at 39 weeks, which means I'm almost measuring full-term!

 I had some pretty intense cramps last week, which really had me concerned that I was starting to have contractions, but the doctors checked and everything is still going well, which is good because I don't think I could handle being on bed rest. And, I have to go on bed rest as soon as I start having contractions; it's just going to be so hard not being able to pick up Rebekah or play with her. So, maybe I'll luck out, like I did with Rebekah and won't start having contractions until after my water breaks and I'm at the hospital. 

Here are some cute profiles of our little girls at 33 weeks, I can't believe how big they're getting! They both weigh 4.5 pounds and A is 32 weeks and 2 days and B is 31 weeks and 5 days. The doctors are a little concerned because B is gaining weight so slowly, so they're going to check her weight again on Friday and see what needs to happen next.

Twin A

Twin B


Knowing that the twins could come at any time really has me antsy; luckily we've found a mini van (Andrew is planning on going to Utah this weekend and picking it up) and we ordered a stroller and car seat, so now all we need is to figure out baby names. Which doesn't sound like it'd be too hard, but coming up with baby names is so difficult! We have a few first names that we like, but we're trying to figure out middle names before we announce our baby names. We just need to figure out names soon because I don't want to be in the hospital and not have names picked out still.

 Plus, I'm really nervous about the whole birthing process; Rebekah had an emergency c-section, and the whole labor/operation lasted maybe 4-5 hours. But I'm not sure how to handle giving birth to two babies, or what to expect during labor. Right now twin A is head down and twin B is breeched, so the doctors would have to do a C-section if my water broke, but I'm hoping I'm able to deliver the babies with a VBAC, even if I'm scared out of my mind. I was able to talk to my doctors a little about the birthing process and when to get an epidural and that helped calm some of my fears. I guess I'll just have to hope for the best and kept chanting "I think I can." 
 


 I can't believe I'm already 35 weeks along, I just need to make it to 37 weeks and then the twins can come. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment