Tuesday, September 29, 2015

A Very Disney Princess Baby Shower

When Rebekah was born, I didn't really give much thought to a themed baby shower; I was more concerned with making sure we had everything we needed/anticipating our new baby girl's arrival to plan a baby shower. So, my baby shower consisted of playing Ticket to Ride with my little sister Amber and my good friend Elizabeth, and it was a lot of fun! But now that we're expecting twins I wanted to throw myself (with the help of my sister) a themed baby shower and allow myself the chance to get really excited about decorating our little girl's room. 

And, what better way to do this than by throwing a Disney Princess baby shower? Something that the little girls are bound to enjoy for years to come, plus my love for Disney is something I hold very dear to my heart. 


We had lots of Disney-inspired games that we played, such as Name that Disney Baby where each guest got a piece of paper numbered 1-12 and had to write down the name of the Disney baby and the movie in which the baby appeared. We also played The Disney Princess Name Game where each guest pulled a Disney Princess' name out of a little baggie and took 5 minutes to write down as many names starting with that letter as they could think of. So, if you pulled out Elsa you would take 5 minutes to write as many names that start with 'E' that you could think of. 


 
We also played a few more tradition baby shower games, like the My Water Broke and Don't say Baby games. I have to admit that I think the shower was a huge hit, and I sure had a lot of fun making the decorations, planning the games and setting everything up; it would be so much fun to plan parties for a living! Maybe, someday!


  

I even made cute little cupcake toppers and photo booth props for us to use, and the best part is I can reuse both of these crafts for many Disney Princess themed birthday parties in the future!  







 I'm so grateful for all of my wonderful friends that were able to attend my shower and extremely thankful for their generosity; I've saved most of Rebekah's baby clothes, but didn't realize how little newborn clothes we had until a couple of weeks ago. It was such a blessing being able to get some clothing for the twins to wear, and such a huge help for Andrew and I.








My friend Katie made adorable diaper babies out of loose diapers and baby clothing, which Rebekah absolutely adored. She loved carrying the baby around and holding it in her arms; I can't wait for her to meet the twins! I can already tell that she's going to be such a great big sister! 




No comments:

Post a Comment