Wednesday, August 23, 2017

A is for Alligator

This week we're learning about the letter A. To start things off I had Rebekah complete this worksheet and color all the pictures of the letter A. She wanted me to do it too, so it felt like we were playing a game of tic tac toe.  


We also learned about big A and little a. Rebekah loved this worksheet. She had a lot of fun tracing the letter A. She would get so excited after she finished doing one all by herself.



I found both of these adorable worksheets, for free, on a website called teacherspayteachers.com
All you have to do is make a account and then you have tons of resources to help teach your children, no matter what grade they're in! It's a no-brainer? I mean who doesn't love free stuff? 

After we finished our worksheets we moved on to some fun crafts involving the letter A. Rebekah had so much fun making her scary alligator. She loved being able to glue the pieces together. I need to find her safety scissors so next time she can help me cut. 



 

Whenever I need to find something cute to make or need inspiration to write I go to Pinteret. This website never disappoints. I was able to find this adorable blog with step by step instructions on how to make a paper plate alligator. Here's the link if you'd like to check it out for yourself: https://www.easypeasyandfun.com/crocodile-paper-plate-craft/#_a5y_p=5136891 

I know the link says crocodile, but we made an alligator. After all, A is for alligator. 





We even came up with a little song to help us remember the letter A, but Rebekah didn't want to sing it with me. Maybe another time? 

A is for Apple, ah-ah-apple
A is for Alligator, ah-ah-alligator
A is for Ant, ah-ah-ant
A is for Amber, ah-ah-amber
A is for Ashley, ah-ah Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment