Thursday, May 25, 2017

American Wife


American Wife                                  10/10





Recently, I have finished reading American Wife by Taya Kyle, wife of Chris Kyle, who was retired Navy Seal, murdered while trying to help a struggling Vet. This book is heartbreakingly raw, full of emotion, love and laughter. 

It's been a while since I've read anything that wasn't fiction, my obsession is YA fiction, so this was a nice break. I was impressed by the courage, strength and unyielding faith that Taya had in life's purpose, her family and God amidst all the struggles and trials she was facing. The rawness of her story caught me off guard; it felt as if I was talking to a lifelong friend, instead of reading a book. 

I'm grateful she was willing to share her story, including all the bad parts. It truly is a beautiful story and I know without a doubt in my mind that she'll be reunited with Chris again. I look forward to reading American Sniper, and learning more about this wonderful man who sacrificed so much for our country. 




No comments:

Post a Comment