Thursday, January 31, 2013

A New Semester

          I'm really not the best at creating these posts and keeping everyone up to date with our lives, so I'm going to try and get better.
         Today while I was washing the dishes a song by Kenny Chesney came on the radio called Don't Blink. I love this song because it talks about the importance of not taking moments in life for granted because life really does go by in a blink. It's a really simple and cute message.


Things have been going great with Andrew and I. We had a wonderful Christmas with Andrew's family in Utah. It was really interesting combining different family traditions to start making our own traditions for Christmas (I need to get better at taking group pictures...). On Christmas night Andrew and I went to Temple Square to look at the lights around the Temple. It was breathtaking. The amount of detail and skill that went into the displays was magnificent. The walkway was lined with paper bags that had a picture poked through them, some were of baby Jesus and others of the three wise men.
        School has just started back up for Andrew and I and it's going fantastic so far. We're taking two classes together, which is a lot of fun. I really love our religion class and I am so grateful that we go to a university that not only allows us to learn religiously, but also include God in our classes. It really helps set the mood for class by opening with a prayer.
        My English classes are a lot of fun as well. I feel myself becoming more cultured with each author or poem we study. Today we were studying Elizabeth Barret Browning's and her husband Robert Browning's work. I have to say that Elizabeth has a wonderful way with words. I really enjoy her poem "How Do I Love Thee?," but after studying her again this semester I have come to love her poem "The Cry of the Children." It's a really sad poem, but it really is an eye opener to what was happening with child labor in that time period, and we could still apply it to child labor today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment