Friday, March 17, 2017

St. Patrick's Day 2017

I've always envied those Pinterest moms who seem to have every little aspect of their lives in order: they have time to craft, read, write, teach their kids, and so on. While I can barely even keep the up with the housework, even more so now that we're down our kitchen sink and dishwasher.

Hopefully, we can get them both fixed soon and I can return to my normal, happy, dishwashing-self. I really do hate having dishes piling the counters and eating off of paper plates, but hey, at least I have a sink and utensils to use. Could be worse.

Anyway, this isn't meant to be a self-pity post, life is good haha. I'm just envious of those moms who find time to celebrate every little holiday with their kids and still manage to have a perfectly clean house, so I'm going to try being better at starting wacky, fun holiday traditions for my little family. I mean, who needs a clean house anyway? The answer is ME! I really do need a clean house to function, but the weather is beautiful and my sweet little babies aren't going to be this little forever, so I'm going to Carpe Diem and make the best of things.

I could eat pancakes all day, every day if I wouldn't turn into a Heffalump in the process. (A Heffalump is the cute little elephant character from Winnie the Pooh, in case you were wondering haha.) So, we made pancakes today for lunch, because when Andrew is sleeping I do breakfast foods all the time. SO delicious, fast and the kids love them!

Chocolate chip pancakes are fun on their own, but I thought Rebekah would enjoy making colorful Spring pancakes instead. I let her use my cookie cutters to make fun Spring shapes too! She made a green bunny for Charlotte and a yellow flower for Emily. She absolutely loved it!



The girls also got a visit from Leroy the Leprechaun (who's a frog, because why not?) Here's the message he left for the girls:

I'm Leroy the Leprechaun
and I'm here to say,
if you behave nicely
a special treat is coming your way!


The girls then had to search the living room to find their pot of gold. When Rebekah found her pot of gold she was a little upset because I told her Leroy left her some treasure. She keep saying, "It's not treasure mommy. It's chocolate." She sure enjoyed eating it though!



We finished the evening, watching Pete's Dragon (the original of course! We do want to see the new one too, though.) And, made some cute bunny cookies to celebrate Spring.


What does your family do to celebrate St. Patrick's day? I'd love to add some more ideas to our traditions. I'm hoping if we're extra nice, Leroy will come and visit us again next year.


2 comments:

  1. I love that you're blogging more!! It's fun to see what you guys are up to :). I'm totally with you on the clean house/carpe diem thing haha...it's a constant balancing act! And I love Leroy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a while since I've blogged, I've missed it. :) Thanks I really wanted to find a Leprechaun doll, but thought of it at the last minute haha, do we got Leroy instead.

    ReplyDelete