Monday, October 10, 2016

One already!

Charlotte & Emily

I can't believe you sweet little girls are already a year old! This year has been one crazy adventure—I never thought I'd be blessed to have twins, but I'm so grateful I was because this last year has been truly wonderful. It's been so much fun watching you girls develop and learn; you both have gotten so big!

Emily you can now pull yourself up on the couch, crawl on your knees (when you want), feed yourself lots of food and babble the day away. I love your sweet little baby talk!

Charlotte you can now pull yourself up, you still scoot everywhere—I'm sure you'll be crawling in no time. ;) You love to squeal, talk, and feed yourself food!

Daddy had to work a night shift on your birthday, so we celebrated by having donuts for breakfast. You girls absolutely loved them, just look how happy you are.


Saturday we had a Halloween themed party to celebrate you girls turning one. We made it a costume party so we could show off your adorable costumes. Rebekah didn't want to wear her new Sofia the First dress because it was too big, but you girls sure looked adorable as crackle and clover.



Isn't daddy a handsome Minimus? I mean he's just a stud. ;)




Auntie Amber, Uncle Brandon, Auntie Ashley, Uncle Micah and Madison were all able to come to the party. It was so fun visiting with them and watching the girls play together. Andrew's old roommate (who married my old roommate) and their little boy were able to come too!




I found all these really cute toddler-approved Halloween games on Pinterest, like ghostly bowling, feed the monster, and paper plate pumpkin making, but the kids were more interested in playing with the toys in the basement. Oh well, at least they had fun!



I love how close Rebekah and Madison are. I'm so grateful Rebekah, Charlotte and Emily have such a wonderful cousin to grow up with.  Rebekah and Madison wouldn't leave each other's side at the party. It's so much fun watching them interact.




The girls devoured their birthday cupcake as soon as we set it in front of them.




Yes, that is a Batman candle and a number "2" candle...we only had one number "1" candle and the wick broke off right before we were about to use it.









No comments:

Post a Comment