Thursday, June 13, 2013

Yellowstone Park.

I had Saturday off last week, I know shocker! We decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and went to Yellowstone. We didn't realize how far away Yellowstone was (it ended up being about 2 1/2 hours and we didn't leave until 3). We were only driving for a few miles in Yellowstone when we came across this Bison:




We were so close! It was walking along the river beside the road. A little further down the road we saw a herd of Bison—they're such beautiful creatures and probably have the saddest eyes I've ever seen. Andrew slammed on the brakes after we turned a corner and I was really confused at first, I started looking around and then I saw this HUGE Bison trying to cross the road. It totally did a Buckbeak move, it pushed it's hoof on the ground and then bowed it's head and let us pass. Sadly I didn't get a picture of this. :(

We then headed to Artisan Point, which was simply breathtaking. The rocks were all different colors, but mostly yellow and there was a gorgeous waterfall in the distance.











 Driving through Yellowstone was so scenic with beautiful meadows, forests and lakes. Then we saw this lone mountain in the distance as we were driving:




After that we headed to Old Faithful. We walked around the gift shop for a while because the next eruption was at 8:30 and we had about an hour. We got bored and took a picture. :P So I was really sad when Old Faithful went off because I had 6% battery left on my phone and I thought I was recording everything, but sadly I only got that last few seconds...






We left Yellowstone with a beautiful sunset in our review mirror. :) It was a beautiful Saturday and I was so thankful to have the time off to spend with my wonderful husband.

2 comments:

  1. Andrew is the man to have around if a bison is about to charge you, he is strong and big enough to wrestle it to the ground!
    I want to go to Yellowstone!! It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true. He was laughing at me because I was nervous that we'd see bears, so I was freaking out most of the drive. Yellowstone is really gorgeous. :) I hope we can go back again sometime.

    ReplyDelete